After more than two months of holding online church services, Calvary Baptist Church is anticipating being able to meet once again as a church family. God has been so good to sustain this body of believers through this unusual time. We grieve for those who have experienced hardship during this pandemic.
As we enter this new phase in our church life, there are a number of steps we are taking for the safety of those who attend our services. Tentatively, we are planning to begin holding services in our building on Sunday, May 31, at 10:45 am.
- Please stay home if you or someone you have been near has a fever or cough. Those who have an elevated risk of infection are encouraged to stay home. We also want to extend liberty to those who feel that it is safest and wisest to stay at home now.
- When parking in the parking lot, please leave an empty space between vehicles.
- Initially, we will meet in the church building for Sunday morning services only, while continuing to hold our Sunday and Wednesday evening meetings online.
- When in the auditorium, households are asked to sit together.
- Children’s Sunday school classes will be held during the morning service.
- The nursery will not be staffed, and toys will be removed from both nurseries. Parents may use the nurseries with their young children.
- Following the morning service, Pastor Mark will preach the same message in the early afternoon via Zoom to those not attending in person because of coronavirus-related concerns.
- An offering box will be available rather than passing an offering plate. Donating online through our website will continue to be an option (Here) as well as mailing gifts to Calvary Baptist Church, P.O. Box 211, Kaukauna, WI 54130.
- There will be a deep cleaning of our church building before we begin meetings.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will take place after each service.
- Every other pew will be blocked off, allowing space between individuals/households.
- Wearing face masks at church is optional.
- Everyone is asked to practice social distancing in the foyer, hallway, and auditorium. Outside is a great place to enjoy conversations following the service.
- Please refrain from all physical contact while at church.
- Pew Bibles and hymnals will be removed, and songs will be on the screen.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed at convenient locations in the church.
- Please remember that everyone is at a different comfort level regarding the risk of infection. All are urged to show grace toward one another.
Statement of Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk
Related to Coronavirus/COVID-19
COVID-19 is highly contagious and is known to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. By attending Calvary Baptist Church, you agree to abide by the procedures established by the church to protect attendees and staff, and you voluntarily assume the risk that you and/or your family may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 either at the church, in the church worship service, or in the nursery or Sunday School. You agree to assume all the risks of attendance and participation for you and your family, and you waive any liability against the church and any other parties.