At Calvary Baptist Church, we live our lives in accordance with God’s Word, and that’s reflected in our Baptist church beliefs in Kaukauna, WI. We believe God gave the Bible unto man as a guide for righteous living and forgiveness of sin. All those who sincerely follow its teachings shall be rewarded with everlasting life in heaven.
Here’s a concise, but not exhaustive, statement of our beliefs based upon the teachings of the Bible.
- The entire Bible is God’s message to man and is to be studied and obeyed with humility and reverence.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God and was born of Mary, the virgin, being fully God and fully Man.
- After living a sinless life, Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, taking the judgment which we deserve because of our sin against God.
- Jesus arose from the grave the third day according to the Scriptures.
- He alone is our great High Priest, making intercession for us before the Father.
- In order for an individual to have eternal life, he must trust in Jesus’ death and shed blood as the payment for his sin.
- Following a person’s faith in Christ, the Bible teaches that he is to be baptized by immersion in water as a testimony of his faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Christ securely keeps those who are saved.
- All Christians are called to live lives of purity and being pleasing to God.
- The local church is a body of baptized believers whose mission is not to reform the world but to give testimony to Christ and to serve Him.
- At a point in the future, Christ will come to take the New Testament church to heaven. Later, He will return to earth with the church to establish His millennial kingdom on earth, in fulfillment of the promises which God made to the people of Israel.
- God created the universe out of nothing in six literal, 24-hour days.
We understand that it’s not always easy to interpret the Bible’s teachings. After all, it was written long ago in another part of the world. However, with guidance and close study, it’s possible to determine how best to apply God’s Word to your life.
Join us to learn more about the Holy Bible and its meaning for Christians today. We hold morning and evening services every Sunday, where our pastor Mark Cline leads the congregation in worship and study of the Word. Our church also organizes Bible studies and prayer meetings every Wednesday evening. Whether you’re a newcomer to our religious faith or a long-time churchgoer, we look forward to sharing our beliefs with you.
Contact us to learn more about our church’s beliefs and our congregation. We’re located in Kaukauna, Wisconsin, and welcome worshippers from throughout the neighboring communities.